Monday, October 12, 2009

Merry Craftmas


So this Christmas I have endeavored to make almost 100% of my gifts. Of course, with a list of 60 (YES 60, I can't believe it myself) I will most likely not have time to make things of quality without repetition for every single person. Luckily, I've already begun and have gotten through a good chunk of my list.

Helping me along the way is my collection of amazing craft, sewing and knitting books and patterns. I've bought these books over the course of the last year, when my interest in the handmade has gone from purchasing to creating them myself. These books, however, are not cheap, so the wonderful STC Craft site has given the gift of 20 free patterns for holiday crafting.

If you, too, are a "maker", you will love all these patterns that are perfect for gift giving - men, women, and children alike - or for keeping for yourself. I have the unfortunate sickness of never wanting to make anything twice, and of never committing to make anything for myself. I've made things for my future non-baby that doesn't even EXIST yet, but I can't seem to sit down and make something for myself. So silly.

Anyway, here is the link to the fabulous and generous post by STC Craft. And if you've never made anything - here is a good way to dip your toes in the water!


From a once ultimate consumer, I am now a dedicated crafter (gosh I wish there was a different word for it, crafter seems so - how do i put it - "quirky buttons" to me) and am more fulfilled than I have ever been in my entire life. Giving someone something you have put your time, care, and heart into is more gratifying and long lasting than anything you could ever buy. There are tons of simple and quick projects (even baking cookies and packaging them nicely) that make people smile and feel special instantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin