Monday, April 13, 2009

you are invited

to the graduation from scarves and blankets to sweater: attempt one.

i went yarn shopping with my mom this afternoon and in the amazing store we saw a sample of the sweater in the image below. it was sweet and soft and just made me want to melt. they said it was a good first sweater project, so i am going to make it. for whom, i have no idea - but so many people have babies or are pregnant i know someone will get it. i might just make it for my "non-baby" - and add it to the stash of cute things jamie and i have found over the last year or so.

they give you the pattern if you buy the yarn, which seems fair enough to me. so i bought 9 balls of cashmere merino silk blend (the original is made in cashmere at $25 a yarn - eff that sh!) - and off i go into sweater town.


the store we went to is a wonderful place called String, at 130 east 82nd street. click here to visit string's website, where you can purchase online. It is a really charming space and they are very helpful and kind there. I highly recommend it if you are in the area! there is another store my mom and i shop at called The Wool Gathering, which I love. there are two very nice ladies there who are so incredibly helpful and so nice to chat with. click here to visit their website to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin